Absence from the University

 Students who select academic programs and pay their tuition and fees (for the upcoming Term) or who have sufficient financial aid to "trigger" their registration must effect total withdrawal promptly when, for whatever reason, they do not return to the university. Failure to attend classes or abandonment of them does not constitute official discontinuance or withdrawal. In all instances, the student should effect total withdrawal by requesting the Office of the Registrar to effect it on their behalf. In this way, such charges can be removed from their student account, and their scholarships, where applicable, can be canceled (and returned to source or origin) and/or personal monies refunded.

NOTE: Under ordinary circumstances, in these types of cases, Student Accounts will not make refunds or other adjustments to a student's account after the end of the current academic year of the student's enrollment. The university will consider an exception to this deadline only in instances in which, for extraordinary reasons beyond a student's control, he/she cannot effect total withdrawal promptly from the university for the Term(s) for which he/she has officially elected registered. In short, students are obligated to transact business with the university in a timely and businesslike manner.

Graduate students are required and expected to be in good academic standing with the School of Graduate Studies, their program, and their advisor. The School of Graduate Studies regularly reviews the record of any student who received grades of C, D, F, I, AW, and W in any course (irrespective of major) numbered 500 or above, or grades of AU for a course listed as audited. This review could result in academic probation. A hold on future enrollment and the student, himself/herself may be suspended from the graduate program.