CUIN 501 : Foundation of Educational Technology
This course will examine educators' role in transmuting teaching and learning through technology integration. The changing culture will be explored through interaction with various school community members, developing the leadership qualities necessary to change education, and connecting with educational technology leaders in the local, regional, and national communities. The course introduces the learners to various computer-based tools and supports their instructional strategies that utilize these tools. Many of the tools presented in this course will be used in the delivery of the course. The course will also introduce the Common Core State Standards in change processes and technology integration as a case study.
After successfully completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- Reflect on significant events in educational technology history and analyze its impact on the current and future trends in the field.
- Identify and discuss the theoretical and philosophical foundations of educational technology and have the ability to demonstrate how they apply to today’s learners.
- Design a contemporary learning environment that engages students and meets the needs of diverse learners.
- Understand evaluates and implements emerging technologies based on current practices and their role within various learning environments.
- Adequately evaluate emerging educational technology trends and their impact on education today.
- Carefully develop and employ detailed strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods that would allow development and test solutions.
- Select and use digital tools to broaden your perspectives and enrich the learning environment by collaborating with other professionals and working effectively in teams locally and globally.