CUIN 560 : Assessments, Tests, and Measurements
This course engages learners to the study of varied approaches to the practice of assessment and evaluation with particular attention to a multicultural society, including introduction and history of testing and assessment; concepts of standardized and non-standardized testing and other assessment techniques; statistical and psychometric concepts, social and cultural factors related to assessment; and ethical issues related to assessment.
After successfully completing the course, the learner will be able to:
- Use the results of standardized tests to help make decisions about students and educational systems
- Develop appropriate documentation to communicate the quality of an assessment properly.
- Incorporate meaning into test score scales using both norm-referenced and criterion-referenced procedures
- Develop a sense for the ethical issues in educational measurement and evaluation.
- Evaluate tests and items using statistical and qualitative methods.